1.05.2015

Bi-Weekly Menu Plan 12/29 - 1/11

Skinny Taste Cookbook - Christmas Present























I am trying something new this year. Instead of a menu for just one week; I have decided to plan for two weeks at a time. This will (hopefully) save me money in the long run since I will not be going to the grocery store 4 times each month...this is the plan anyways. 

I am proud to say I have cooked every day this week except one since we had leftovers but with a twist. Here is our menu for this week and next. 

Breakfast: 
  • oatmeal
  • protein bars with fruit (nathan has started going to the gym again)
  • cereal 


Lunches: 
  • peanut butter sandwiches
  • fruit and/or veggies
  • leftovers


Dinners: 
  • monday - pancakes with bacon
  • tuesday - chicken parm with spaghetti
  • wednesday - slow cooker santa fe chicken (skinny taste)
  • thursday - french bread pizza supreme (skinny taste - modified)
  • friday - santa fe chicken leftovers on tortilla shells 
  • saturday - baked potatoes, grilled chicken (from work) and tossed salad (dessert: peach crisp)
  • sunday - sunday roast with gravy (skinny taste) mashed potatoes, tossed salad, broccoli
  • monday - grilled chicken (from work), pasta and tossed salad (dessert: strawberry crisp)
  • tuesday - italian bread pizza (either bbq chicken or pepperoni)
  • wednesday - chicken saute with peppers and goat cheese served with pasta (weight watchers)
  • thursday - tacos with dear meat
  • friday - leftovers (raid the fridge!)
  • saturday - country fried steak with roasted sweet potatoes and veggies
  • sunday - homemade pizza (this will probably be changed to something else) 

I am excited to see how much money we can save by planning for two weeks instead of one. Also, we will save by not going out to eat. I am so tired of that. We just want home cooked meals! 

Between Aldi and Walmart I spent about $108 (this includes toilet paper, diapers and breathing strips) - food total was about $85. I picked up a few things twice this week since saturday and sunday we added people to the dinners. That added about $40 - we purchased peppers, cucumbers, 2 ice creams, italian bread, coffee, coffee creamers and a couple other things. 

What is on your menu plan? Is menu planning on your New Year Resolution List? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am thankful you visited my blog today!

I love to read all your comments. Please keep your comments encouraging. Rude comments will be deleted.

Again, thank you!